• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrate Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Jacqueline Hernandez (24), Jessica Mariano (24), and Nicole Nguyen (24) are preparing to cheer for a boys lacrosse game.
Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Rediet Neme
Rediet Neme
School News Writer

Clubs/organizations? Black student union and the ambassadors club at the club fair Hobbies? Basketball Favorite Season? Summer Place you'd like to visit? Paris and Hawaii Dream...

Fernanda Salazar
Fernanda Salazar
Media Editor

Clubs/organizations? MUN, Speech and Debate, TSUNAMI, and Finance club. Hobbies? Thrifting, hiking, and spending time with friends and family. Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like...

Carlos Castaneda
Carlos Castaneda
Photographer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → none Hobbies? → Video Games Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Cabo Dream job? → N/A

The Exciting Senior Internship Experience

Preuss+Seniors+at+their+internship+wheel+at+UCSD.+
Preuss Seniors at their internship wheel at UCSD.

Senior Internship at the Preuss School UC San Diego is a required class in order for Seniors to graduate by participating in an internship program of their interest at Preuss, or the UC San Diego (UCSD) campus. Internships give students the opportunity to gain real-life work experience in an educational setting, while enjoying their work experience with classmates, college students, and professors.

An example is the Biological Sciences Internship, located inside the Muir Biology building at UCSD campus. With the help of a supervisor, interns are able to learn about molecular and cellular biology, as well as imaging techniques using thermal imaging of plants exposed to high temperatures of CO2 concentrations. Analyzing data and discussing it with lab members helps students understand the work setting inside a laboratory.

Jessica Mariano(24’) states, “ I have enjoyed working in my Biology internship because I hope to have a similar career in the future and I’m able to do experiments in a lab and buy food to eat on campus”

Internships at the UCSD campus vary from Marketing, Biological Sciences, Latin American Studies, and more. These internships give Seniors the chance to work in those fields at the college level for their personal interest or learning more about a future career path in college. On the other hand, those same principles apply for Seniors who have their internship inside Preuss in the Art, Athletics, Math and more departments.

Miguel Santiago(24’) comments, “ I’ve had fun in the Art department drawing portraits of the Preuss spirit and have had the opportunity to meet and learn about new classmates who also like art. So far, I’ve had a fun time drawing and planning art around campus, I thought I was going to have to learn about Art and have it be more like a class”

A misconception among Preuss students is that internships are a boring and tedious experience when in reality, Seniors have enjoyed and had fun in learning or teaching a subject of their interest. All internships have the common goal which is to inspire and learn from working in a college or high school setting, meanwhile having fun exploring a subject of your interest and its secret perks of grabbing food at the UCSD campus.