• Come receive academic support at SEA this Saturday from 9-11am!

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024

With the 2024 Prom season around the corner, several “promposals” have occurred in the span of two weeks. This year's Prom theme will be...

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024
The Mental Health Marco mannequin welcomes people into the front office.
Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Rho Kappa Hobbies? → Watching movies, Listening to music, Video games Favorite season? → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → London, England...

Tracy Trinh
Tracy Trinh
Podcast Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSUNAMI, Speech & Debate Hobbies? → listening to music Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → London Dream job? →...

Lesly Castillo
Lesly Castillo
Editor-In-Chief

Senior Clubs/organizations? → Journalism Hobbies? → Drawing Favorite weather? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Peru Dream job? → Ultra sound tech

“Gran Turismo” Inspires Video Game Players

Gran Turismo, released on August 25, 2023, is based on the real life Gran Turismo(GT) academy which was an auto-motive racing academy for talented racing video game players to become professional race car drivers. The movie focuses on the rise and fascinating story of Jan Mardenborough, a skilled video game racer. In this film, audiences learn his journey as he became the youngest racer to join the GT academy and his experience competing in real professional races.

The movie starts off with action where Mardenborough lives his daily life and races in his room with his video game simulation racing chair and driving setup. Mardenborough joins a competition to be able to become a real professional race car driver. He gets the chance to join the GT Academy but in a drastic turn of events, his dad won’t support his dream. Mardenborough then leaves his family, works hard, and competes against the top video game racers in the world. He works through difficult training and finally becomes a professional race car driver after qualifying.

Gran Turismo’s scenes and real life stunts are realistic and difficult to make. Mardenborough’s racing career is based on a real race and real race car driver. The producers also use real life cars and drivers to showcase the elements of real life racing and stunts. Steve Kelso directed the stunts for Mardenbourough. Mardenborough played as Archie Madekwe for the racing stunts in the movie.The movie also uses CGI and similar graphics from the Gran Turismo video game. This made the movie more realistic since every movement from the races and cars in the film are natural. Gran Tursimo also uses visual actions and visual effects throughout the movie. An example of the many visual effects is during the LeMans race where Mardenborough is in a very intense race. It captures different points of views in the movie like gamer vision, third person, and spectator point of view.

Gran Turismo is a great movie for video game fans and people who love cars. The film gives a very inspiring story for people who want to become professional race car drivers. The film is also realistic and the sound effects give it a realistic view of all the races.