• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024

As AP students reach the end of their academic curriculum, they will take the AP exam that may allow them to start university with some completed...

ASB Welcome New 2024-2025 Staff
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 10, 2024
Preuss Students Cautioned from Roaming UCSD Amid Protests
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • May 10, 2024
Priscila Ambriz
Priscila Ambriz
Entertainment Writer

Senior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Reading and watching tv! Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → France Dream job? → Unsure

Marlene Rojas-Renteria
Marlene Rojas-Renteria
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Church Hobbies? → Painting, drawing, writing, and eating Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → I want to visit Japan since...

Stacy Rosales
Stacy Rosales
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Art club Hobbies? → Soccer, Video Games, Drawing, Playing guitar and piano Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Japan Dream...

Preuss Hosts its Annual College Rep Visits

Throughout the months of August and November, Preuss will be holding their annual college rep visits, which are open to all high school students during their lunch, in the office’s big conference room. Students will get the opportunity to meet an admissions officer and hear them share about their college.

College rep visits give scholars opportunities that they weren’t aware about and opens many new doors that they may have never imagined. When being in spaces like these, students are exposed to different programs, different people and it is an overall informative experience. Students get previews of many different colleges and gain insight of their set expectations.

“I just felt like I applied to all the schools that I thought I was supposed to cause I didn’t know enough about any other schools, I just knew what was here and like what were the big ones and it’s like all I applied to,” said Ms. Bandy, the Preuss School college advisor.

These college rep visits were organized by Ms. Bandy, the Preuss School UC San Diego college advisor. Ms. Bandy explains that colleges are always looking out for the schools that they have had students attend their college from previously. For the past couple of years, Preuss has had about one student a year go to John Hopkins University and they tend to be interested for the reason that they know there is someone supporting them as a college In other cases colleges will simply reach out to schools in the area which sparks the beginning of new relationships and connections that can last for up to years. There is also an online portal where high school and college students can connect and meet with one another, and that’s how most of these college rep visits are set up.

Ms. Bandy, gets as many dates scheduled as possible so that a great number of students get the opportunity to learn and explore their options for the future.

Many students have already attended these college rep visits and have claimed that they enjoyed learning about colleges that they have never even heard of. Prestigious colleges such as Yale, Princeton, USC etc, have come to Preuss to inform scholars about their schools.
In the month of October, Ms. Bandy has scheduledUSC, John Hopkins University, University of Puget Sound, Bowdoin University, Davidson College,Scripps College,St. Mary’s College,Colorado College,USD and lastly,Whittier College.Specific dates can be found on the daily bulletin: https://preuss.ucsd.edu/current-students/daily-bulletin.html

College rep visits are open to ALL high school students and the person that signs up for the most college visits will be entered into a raffle!